You can apply to the NTNU School of Entrepreneurship if you are fluent in Norwegian and have at least one of the following academic backgrounds:
Three years of a master’s degree in technology.
If you have a bachelor’s degree from an engineering college you have to meet the requirements that apply for a two-year master’s degree in science. This means that you have to have completed a minimum of 25 credits in mathematics, 5 credits in statistics and 7,5 credits in physics. To find out if you meet the requirements, please contact NTNU’s admission office.
NSE is a selective programme and receives hundreds of applications annually, with approximately 35 students accepted. The admission decision is based on an overall evaluation of the candidate, including academic results, work experience, volunteer work, and personal motivation.
For Norwegian/Nordic students who have completed their bachelor degrees abroad, the deadline is still the 15th of April.
Students applying from both NTNU and universities/colleges outside of NTNU
To apply for NTNU School of Entrepreneurship, you must complete the following steps:
Check your eligibility (See above).
Upload application documents (Transcript of Records, Curriculum Vitae, Certificates, other documents).
Upload mandatory Application Form.
After the application deadline, a number of candidates are called in for an interview.
Click here for a more detailed step-by-step guide to the admission process in Norwegian.
Up to 50% of graduates continue to work with the commercialization project that they started while studying at NSE. Even for the students who do not continue with their startup after graduation, their business development skills and practical experience put them in a competitive position for many job opportunities. Former graduates have been offered jobs in companies, such as Statoil, Schibsted, Accenture, The Boston Consulting Group (BCG), Norges Bank Investment Management (NBIM) and McKinsey & Company.
Here are some frequently asked questions about requirements and the program:
Do I need to know Norwegian?
– Yes, you need to understand, talk and write Norwegian.
What are the requirements to apply?
– You need to have a finished bachelor degree or a 3 year integrated technical master degree (approved).
I have over 180 credits from different programs and courses, but not a finished bachelor degree. Can I apply?
– No, you need to fit the requirements as written under “who can apply”.
I have enough credits but does not have the required subjects for three years of my integrated master. Can I apply?
– No, you need to pass all the required subjects for 3 years at your program. You can ask the student adviser at your faculty about this.
How does the program affect my education and degree?
– You will get a master of science degree from NTNU. If you have a technical degree, you can get the engineering title Sivilingeniør. You can take subjects that fit your needs or previous study. You will learn about entrepreneurship and will be educated to become a business developer. You can read more about the program here.
Will I start my own business at NSE?
– Yes, after the first semester, students form teams and select the most promising business concepts, which they work on throughout the rest of the program. You can read more about the program here.
Please feel free to contact our Recruitment Team, email@example.com, if you have any questions regarding the program, admission procedure or any other matters regarding your application. You can contact us before, during or even after you submit your application. Our Recruitment Team will be happy to answer all your questions about studying at NTNU School of Entrepreneurship and provide you with detailed practical information.
We emphasize that general issues regarding the admission process are best answered by NTNU’s admission office.